Saturday, April 9, 2011

Wow,
I am so sorry for how long it's been since I last blogged.  Well, the reason is a good reason.  It's because I have been filling orders.  I am so very happy with this little arrangement I have made for myself.  I truly feel so blessed that I don't even know if I can take the credit.  It's truly just a huge blessing from my heavenly father who loves me.  I now work every day, about 6 hours or so, making your orders, taking your phone calls, and getting to the post office by 4:00 pm.  It's so much fun, it reminds me of when I was a little girl.  I would sit at my desk in my bedroom, and play office.  My dad was a banker, so my desk always was complete with stamps and stamp pads.  They said things like "paid" and "bill to".  I even had a date stamper that you could roll the date on.  It was the greatest.  I knew how to set my sister's alarm clock to go off (we now call this the snooze button, ) every 5 minutes.  I would shut it off, and say, "Ok, send them in!",  pretending that my secretary just told me that my meeting had arrived.

Yep............  I am living out my childhood dreams.  Only I don't have a secretary, and all of my stamps are neatly put away downstairs with my scrapbook supplies that I no longer have time to use.  I do however get to look at caller ID and see if I should answer the phone with "A Great Impression" or just my simple, "hello" because I know it is my bestie, or my sister.  (I have 4 sisters, and refer to each of them as "my sister".  It truly confuses people.)

Anyway, on the weekends this winter, Mark and I had a project.  We worked together for 4 weekends trying to get this new home office of mine installed.  I wanted to share it with you, so that you can picture me sitting at my desk playing office each day.  And to thank you, because without you, and your wonderful orders, none of this would have been possible.
Blessings to you!!

We had a young guy who was just going into business order
our cabinets for us.  We took it from there.





This was our first go at crown mouliding.  We were super nervous, but it turned out great.
Do you see that white door to the right of my desk?  Actually it it double doors, and through that
room sits my work space office.  I will take pictures of in there for you nest time.  One day when
your orders are all hanging on metal clothes line before I ship them out.

1 comments:

Clinton Harvin said...

Congratulations on getting your dream job! Your office looks really great. I love the way you organized it. Living your childhood dream is really fun.