Thursday, November 18, 2010

Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that fall on my nose and eye lashes
Silver white winters that melt into spring
These are a few of my favorite things


This is one of my favorite songs.  I sing it often.
When I was a little girl my mom would sing it too.  
Some things just make you smile.

I thought in light of this song I would share a few of my favorite things today.
In my mind I have this awesome scrapbook page that I want to do some day.  But blogging is easier and to be completely honest,  I need to have a grand daughter first.  I need a little girl to make a white dress for  with her own blue satin sash.  I should have made one for Jessica, she was funnest little girl to dress up. (unfortunately Julie was not as much fun, she fought me tooth and nail)  
So here is my list of favorite things this year.

If you know me, you know this one.  Not only is coffee my favorite way to start every day, it's the only way I can start each day.  For some crazy reason, Mark asked me to iron his shirt this morning. He was running late. The first thought I had was "Are you insane?  I have not had any coffee." With that in mind, I also thought it was the perfect morning to crack open the coffee my friend had bought for me in Africa. 
Whew........ I hope you like  your coffee strong!


Side note, not only do I love coffee, but something sweet to go with my coffee makes me a happy girl!

Taken last week at Carlos' Bakery in New Jersey, The Cake Boss!



Once I have Mark's lunch made each morning I sit down in my favorite chair with my bible study, coffee and my little dog, Maddie, at my feet.  I do everything I can to put God's word into my head first thing each morning.  If I were to keep up my honesty, I would tell you that I struggle with this.  My mind is a working mind.  It is very difficult for me to sit still and study.  My hands do this little Dennis the Menace thing and start twitching to get busy.  I do sit for at least 30 minutes and study each morning.  This is my sun shiney bright room and it is a wonderful place to start my day.



Next on my list, because of routine, not because of order, is my dog Maddie.  For over a year I debated about what kind of dog I would get.  I would sit in the morning and dream of this little dog who would keep my feet warm and keep me company.  I convinced Mark that I wanted another dog.  I had this dream dog in my imagination who was white and fluffy.  I figured out that my dream dog was a Labradoodle.  Maddie does everything that my dream dog would never do.  Mostly shed.  I clean up about a dog's worth of hair every week.  And I clean up all the stuff she shreds while I work each day.  
Our theme with Maddie is:  "But she's soooooo cuuuuuutttteeee!!".
  I swear to you, it's the only reason this dog is still alive.  After raising 5 Great Danes for my husband, don't I deserve this adorable dog?



I often talk about my kids, they are a huge source of my happiness, but I don't often highlight my husband.  He is the best thing that has ever come into my life.  He is my biggest supporter, and  my best friend.  He is the one who will tell me the truth when everyone else is afraid to.  He is picky and stubborn and determined, and exactly what God knew I needed in a mate.  When he tells that I have done a good job, I know I did well.  He is funny, and crazy and I never know what might be around the next corner.  Usually a crazy guy jumping out at me to scare the heck out of me.  I love this man.  

Taken last week in New Port Rhode Island 

And the last thing that made today's list was my love for New York City.  I went there for the first time on my 40th birthday,and since that time I have been back 9 or 10 times.  I can't get enough.  Nowhere in the world can make me smile like New York City does.  There is shopping, action, energy, creative ideas, it never ends.   No place can keep this A.D.D. brain stimulated like New York can.  No Place.  The fact that I live only two hours away now, and my super husband has learned to drive in Manhatten traffic is the icing on the cake.


No description needed: HAPPINESS


Mark and I in Bryant Park

So there you have it.  There are other things I love that did not make this list of course.  I don't think you want to hear it all.  I just love life.  Truly, I do.  

"Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be
content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I
will never leave thee, nor forsake thee."
Hebrews 13:5, KJV

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok, So I'll have both coffee pots hooked up, downstairs and up stairs, in case you get to one level or the other and run out.
We are proud of your morning habits. At least you picked up one of my good ones. That time alone with our Lord is the most precious time of your day. Good for you.
We won't have enough time to talk when you get here, We never do, but your sister is anxious as well, and you are going to be spread out pretty thin. Perhaps a trip to your area will be in order by spring. Take care my darling, enjoy that great life God has given you, and happily I say, "See you soon",
Love you, Mom