Thursday, October 21, 2010

Every once in a while, ok, it has turned into OFTEN these days, I do something for me.  I have an entire house to decorate after all.  I won't go into details about how long it actually took us to prime and then paint our kitchen, dining room, foyer, stairway, and upstairs hallway.  Let's just say that the 5 gallon buckets of paint were carried up and down those basement stairs about a dozen times in between our breaks!! I also can't emphasize enough how meticulous my husband paints.  But, finally, after much hard work, we got it done.  That left me with the fun part.  I got to decorate!


Kitchen window
I made curtains for the kitchen out of some fabulous pale yellow floral fabric.  It has some greens and grays running through it.  I thought that area needed a little something more, so I cut gray vinyl scrolls for over the top of them.  (I can never get enough!)



Dining Room
For the dining area I made my own wall paper out of the same gray vinyl I used in the kitchen.
You have no idea the amount of weeding that took!  
*note* Weeding: (verb) the process of picking out the vinyl we won't be using.  Much the same way you weed your flower bead.  Yes, weeding vinyl is just as much fun as weeding dandelions.  Check out those diamond pieces around the circles! It may have taken me a little while, but it sure beats putting up and then having to remove 'real' wall paper!


Next, I made a quote that we agreed upon for over the soffit.  The quote reads: 'May the Lord bless you and keep you.'  I love this new font I have.  I carried over a similar scroll design to place with the quote to keep the design fluid.


Vinyl Wall Decals are so much fun and the possibilities are endless.  
I hope I got your thinking!
God Bess!





0 comments: